"Well you wouldn't want to be on it while there are" Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Off The Beaten Path Tip by unravelau
State of Queensland Off The Beaten Path: 68 reviews and 150 photos
Crocodiles around...........would you?
Mind you, emphasis was made about how more children are killed by balloons in a year than there are people killed by crocodiles.
A few simple rules will keep you safe according to the experts at the Great Australian Zoo. Don't enter the lagoon, river, lake or other stretch of water known to have crocodiles. Never walk around the edge (within 2 metres) of same waters...........the crocodiles sense vibration on land and can easily lurch that distance. They are quite cumbersome outside of these limits......i.e. on land they do not move as fast.........their tails are at least half of their body length. Their most dangerous (to us) domain is by far the water's edge and in the water is where they travel quickest. Take a little care and you will live to photograph another one.
Fill this pavillion up and multiply it by 3 and a bit and you will have the number of people watching Dorothy of Wiggles fame while waiting for the crocodile hunter to do his routine.
More Off The Beaten Path in State of Queensland (4)
Updated Apr 4, 2011
No, we're not in Naples looking at Mt. Vesuvius
Updated Oct 30, 2004
The Glasshouse Mountains looked very interesting
Written Feb 22, 2004
OH not more tourists...........why don't they
Written Feb 22, 2004
I always say.........try it once
More Reviews (33)
- See All Be aware of the sun.
- See All First glance I took as Gold Coast...
- See All You cant miss the tallest building
- See All Another lovely family accommodation Park
- See All If going to Dreamworld (or other...
- See All Where's my dance partner - still in...
- See All Wide range of tempting meals - always...
- Hockey for 2 year olds?
- When departing from every park exhibit...
- At the Australian Zoo where Crocs rule
- Pacific Fair is open Sunday mornings-...
- an hours time difference between NSW and...
unravelau's Related Pages
Have you been to State of Queensland?Share Your Travels