"Snowy Mount Hermon" Israel Things to Do Tip by freya_heaven

Israel Things to Do: 781 reviews and 1,392 photos

by freya_heaven

Mount hermon is a beautiful area, I visited there on a Saturday in the winter, when there were lots of skiers around & it was SO Busy. The whole surrounding area was covered in snow...........Lovely.!

A friend & I hitched up there from Ayelet Hashahar (in between Rosh Pinna & Qyriat Shermona). We even had a lift in a Police van when we were returning home!
It was such a beautiful sunny day & I have such wonderful memories of it for one reason & another. Once we got to the ski resort we took the ski lift up to the very top & the views are amazing over Israel, Lebanon & Syria.

The Snow season here is normally from late December to early April. There are 4 runs here ideal for the average to good skier, the longest of which is nearly 3 km long. It is possible to hire everything you need for a days skiing, once you get here, but do get here early especially at weekends for the better equipment.

If whilst you are looking through my Snowy Mount Hermon
Mount Hermon Travelogues you recognise Ray, Please get in touch, it would be great to know how he was & what he is doing now.

Address:

Golan Heights

Directions:
Highest point of Israel, in the north east corner

Phone: 981337 Ski Centre
Website: http://www.jewishaustralia.com/israeltourismjan04.htm

• Updated Jan 8, 2005

Comments

freya_heaven Used To Live Here!

Have you been to Israel?