Dirty Duck's Diner aka Bebek Bengil: "Invasion of Commercialism" Bali Restaurant Tip by Svitata

Bali Restaurants: 573 reviews and 825 photos

Taman Ayun
by Svitata

I had given this restaurant a glowing review many years back when i first travelled to Ubud. They were smaller and cosier, and had a much better menu and service. However, during my recent trip to Ubud, I found the service to be basic, and the menu items much reduced. It was as if they were trying to minimize food cost by serving a few basic dishes and to my disappointment, the crispy duck which they are famous for was sold out on the night that I had especially travelled there to eat! Now how can a restaurant run out of their signature dish at just 8pm? Strange enough, there was a table of four who arrived about 20 mins before I left the restaurant who were served the crispy duck...hmm.... The dishes my boyfriend and I ordered were tasty enough and prices remain very affordable.

However, I can only sum up my experience as a letdown and I'm probably resigned to having my fond memories of Bebek Bengil as just that, memories.

Address: Padang Tegal, Ubud
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Price: US$11-20
Rating: 2
Theme: Eclectic/International

• Updated Oct 5, 2008

Comments

Svitata

“Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero!”

Have you been to Bali?