"Playing and Drinking" Restaurants and Bars Tip by PA2AKgirl

Restaurants and Bars, Washington D.C.: 22 reviews and 51 photos

This place is pretty fun--it's a lot like Dave and Busters, which I am also writing a tip about, but it's by a lot of other bars, so you can drink for awhile someplace else (cheaper) and then head here. I went w/ 2 male friends and we played basketball, hockey, a football passing game, air hockey and some other stuff. They made fun of me the whole time because I wasn't as good as they were. I felt good about the hockey until a 6 year old kid came in a killed my score.
It doesn't matter, though. It was one of the best times I had going out in DC.

It can get expensive...you have to get a card and put so much on it, which you find out, if you're with a group, doesn't go a long way.

Also, keep track of your card. There's a very good chance that, when playing air hockey, it can get sucked down the holes. I didn't do that at this place, but I did it once in Tampa. That really sucks.

This place also has multiple levels--the bar with big screen TVs, the restaurant and then the arcade/gaming area and another bar. People don't just come here to play the games, they can drink and watch sports too.

Dress Code: Casual...

Address: 555 12th st, NW
Directions: Take the Metro to Metro Center
Theme: Other
Website: http://www.espnzone.com

Review Helpfulness: 2 out of 5 stars

• Written Jan 18, 2004

PA2AKgirl Used To Live Here!

“A pet should not have a wardrobe”

Have you been to Washington D.C.?