Dixie Kitchen & Bait Shop: "Hyde Park-Southern cooking" Top 5 Page for this destination Dixie Kitchen Tip by Dabs

Dixie Kitchen, Chicago: 1 reviews and 1 photos

Dixie Kitchen-Hyde Park
by Dabs

The Hyde Park location is closed, the Lansing and Evanston branches are still open and the menu is the same

When I get a taste for Southern/Cajun cooking, we head for Dixie Kitchen. We used to go to the location in Hyde Park but it is a small restaurant frequently with a wait so now we head out to the new location in Lansing, a closer destination for us and much larger (although still a wait!)

Dixie Kitchen is very close to the location of the new Checkboard Lounge blues club so easy to combine the two.

Favorite Dish: After eating the delicious complimentary pancakes with honey butter, I always start off with the breaded oysters with chile dipping sauce, then on to the shrimp po boy. I've never had room for dessert!

I've tried the pulled pork here and it's North Carolina style so it's served with a vinegary sauce not barbecue sauce which I prefer so I stick with the shrimp po' boy.

Address: Lansing, IL or Evanston, IL
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: 825 Church St., Evanston and 2352 East 172nd Street, Lansing (off Torrence just south of River Oaks mall)
Phone: 773.363.4943
Price: US$11-20
Rating: 4
Theme: American
Website: http://www.dixiekitchenchicago.com/

• Updated Aug 12, 2012

Dabs Lives Here!

“Never put off til tomorrow what you can do today”

Have you been to Chicago?