"The roads are good." Top 5 Page for this destination Madeira Island Transportation Tip by Jerelis
Madeira Island Transportation: 54 reviews and 90 photos
We stayed at Santo da Serra and from our little house it was a 15 minute drive through the lower mountains to reach Machico.
From Machico (south east of the island), there is a highway which goes all the way to Ponta do Sol, which is on the south west of the island. It also passe the capital of Funchal.
Other roads through the mountains are also very well to drive on. We were warned not to drive on rainy days, but (of course) did it any way. Just take it easy and don't do anything stupid. Go with the flow and you'll be alright!
Type: Car/Motor Home
More Transportation in Madeira Island (5)
More Reviews (63)
- See All Talk to someone who knows!
- See All Pizza time!
- See All Monte - Toboggan ride.
- See All Santo Antonio da Serra - The weekly...
- See All Pico do Arieiro - Don't be afraid of...
- See All Personal approach!
- See All Do drink enough!!!
- See All Beautiful Steriliza Regina flower!
- Travel light!
- Pico do Arieiro - Don't buy anything...
- See All Machico - Seaside historic town.
Been to Madeira Island?Share your travels with the world!
Jerelis' Related Pages
Have you been to Madeira Island?Share Your Travels