"This is Brussels: Manège d' Andrea for the kids" Top 5 Page for this destination Brussels Favorite Tip by Norali

Brussels Favorites: 432 reviews and 492 photos

Carrousel at Brussels' Christmas market (Gini)
by Norali

Favorite thing: When visiting Brussels' Christmas market, don't forget to bring kids to the carrousels. This is the picture of the one on Place Ste- Catherine: Le Manège d' Andrea. The other one is on Marché aux poissons (Fish market).

Big kid me was just amazed looking at it in the dark. Yes! it's better in the dark... Yet, I was told it's better in daylight. No, no, I just like it like that...

It is quite strange: kids (and even big kids) can ride planes, ostriches, gigantic chamilions (like those in Madagascar? would you ask?), frogs... near the cute ladybugs. Even more striking: those characters are automated and noisy. While riding, you can hear the sounds of the jungle, the sea, sometimes sounds that are specific to your "mountings"...

Oh yeah! there was an automated half-buried mine worker (I thought of a Navy pilot at first) too but I don't remember whether he was a "mounting" or not... Yes, he is a mounting, I saw a little girl on him the third time I was there. :))

Go there, you won't be disappointed. Xmas market usually stands till early January (Jan 4 for 2003-2004 celebration).

Fondest memory: Plus, this is the time to visit Brussels under other lights: blue for L'Hôtel de Ville, neon lights for the cows on Grand- Place and surroundings place, Pink for Place Catherine. I am sure, there are other colours. Isn't it better if you see for yourself?

Last time I went to a Xmas shopping (before this one :)) was when it was on Grand-Place. It was different.

Bourse- Ste Catherine area. Metro M station: Bourse, Sainte-Catherine & Debrouckère (if you don't mind walking a little bit)

• Updated Mar 30, 2004

Comments

Norali Used To Live Here!

Norali

“Natural Highs Only ;-)”

Have you been to Brussels?