"Cloths for every type of weather (even in summer)" Netherlands Packing List Tip by Pavlik_NL
Netherlands What to Pack: 52 reviews and 32 photos
Luggage and bags: Enough to bring the souvenirs back home: one pair of wooden shoes, ten kilo's of tulip bulbs and a windmill. Also take care of some hidden compartment for some ... uh, ... let's say ... "stuff".
Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: Slippers as well as high boots. You never know when these dikes break. Never forget your umbrella, though a raincoat is even better.
Toiletries and Medical Supplies: Extra towel for drying your hair after rain. Extra soap for when you fell into the A'dam canals (if anything gets you clean after that).
Photo Equipment: Sensitive films for cloudy days, others for sunny days (you might actually hit one out of three this year).
Camping/Beach/Outdoor Gear: A water tight tent. On beaches a swimmmingtrousers and/or bikini (but keep the "Zuidwester" - a traditional shippers raincoat - within reach).
Miscellaneous: Seriously, in The Netherlands the weather is quite unpredictable. Most summers are fine, but ... there's (almost) always wind (not for nothing we have so many windmills)! Winters are mostly wet and windy, but ... sometimes we can endlessly scate on the canals.
More Reviews (45)
- See All 27th of April, our national holiday:...
- See All Top 20 of largest town
- See All Old "Southern sea" fishermen's villages
- See All Well, in fact they are tiny fluffy...
- Royal shopping
- See All Dense freeway system in two ways
- See All Flowerbulbs as a souvenir ... beware...
- See All Watersport 3: Waterskiing
- Tolerance and suddenly everything is...
- The Netherlands (so not Holland) = off...
- About cafes and terraces
- Good hotelstandard, yet expensive!
Pavlik_NL's Related Pages
Have you been to Netherlands?Share Your Travels