212 Market: "Downtown Cuisine" Top 5 Page for this destination Chattanooga Restaurant Tip by soundsgoodtome

Chattanooga Restaurants: 57 reviews and 90 photos

212 Market is a very nice restaurant that has a bit more class than your average O'Charleys type place. It is located on the 200 block of Market Street, right beside Candyland, and is in view of the aquarium. The food my girlfriend and I had was delicious. 212 Market is a bit more expensive than the average restaurant, with entrees costing anywhere between $10 and $27. The salads and appetizers are average-priced. They also have a large wine list and a bar. I definitely recommend this place to anyone wishing to have a more upscale dining experience without paying a fortune for it. Their website has their entire menu with prices, which is very helpful in deciding if you want to eat here or not.

I recently returned here for a second time and found it just as good as the first. My mom and sister both tried the spinach ravioli, which was very good, but they both thought the vegetables that came with it lacked much taste. I again had the caesar salad with salmon, which is very good and is only $9.50. The bread is also excellent.

Favorite Dish: On the second trip here we had a coupon for a free desert, so we ordered the sampler, which comes with a piece of cheesecake, a piece of some sort of chocolate cake, and this yogurt-like dessert with a crusted top, which was good but very small. The chocolate cake is definitely the best, and it all comes with a raspberry syrup that is delicious. You should definitely try this one if you like chocolate and wish to have dessert here.

Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Rating: 5
Theme: Local
Website: http://www.212market.com

• Updated Mar 7, 2004

Comments

soundsgoodtome

“Time is man's eternal enemy, it only goes by slowly when we don't want it to.”

Have you been to Chattanooga?