"Monument to Olga" Top 5 Page for this destination Kiev Favorite Tip by OlenaKyiv
Kiev General: 194 reviews and 269 photos
Favorite thing: This is photo of monument of Olga. In 1920s the monument was stolen by the communists and for a long time was considered to be lost. But in 1995 during the reconstruction of the Mykhailivska Square it was discovered buried under the road. It was installed once again in its original spot.
Fondest memory: Watching this monument I recall history of Ukraine which says that Olga was the first queen (knyaginya of Rus) and she was really strict lady. Killing of representetives from drevlyan showed this.
Location : Near Mikhaylovskiy Cathedral (St. Michael Cathedral)
More Reviews (59)
- See All Do Ukrainians eat ethnic cuisine?
- See All What you should notice in St. Sophia
- See All The best home-cooked food
- See All Babiy Yar - not only in Kiev
- See All Getting around by a taxi