"New Year's Celebration" Top 5 Page for this destination Reno Things to Do Tip by mcpangie
Reno Things to Do: 136 reviews and 445 photos
Each New Year's Eve in downtown Reno Virginia Street is blocked off and thousands gather to watch a fireworks display shot of the roofs of participating casinoes. I was lucky enough to be in Reno when 2000 was rang in, and the fireworks that year were absolutely awesome.
This picture was taken as 2004 was starting. The fireworks display wasn't as amazing, but the crowd didn't really seem to care.
The news kept talking about how the biggest party in the western United States was down in Las Vegas, but the people in the streets of Reno didn't seem to mind that either!
More Reviews (46)
- Bringing Home Gifts
- See All Spooky Spots in October
- See All The Ultimate Rush
- See All Day Trip To Lassen Volcanic National...
- See All Come Visit In the Spring
- See All Just When You Think It Is Spring
- See All Jan 2005 - We Had Winter
- Visiting During Hot August Nights?
- See All Idlewild Swimming Pool
- See All Reno's Newest Dining Option - May 2004
- See All Shopping For A Hermit Crab?
Been to Reno?Share your travels with the world!
mcpangie's Related Pages
Have you been to Reno?Share Your Travels