"The Mirage" Mirage Tip by Erin74
Mirage, Las Vegas: 122 reviews and 204 photos
...from Treasure Island, continue on to The Mirage...
You can actually take a tram between Treasure Island and The Mirage, but it's just a short walking distance.
The Mirage is a lovely hotel with several interesting features:
1. The White Tiger Habitat: Siegfried and Roy's White Tigers are available for viewing at the hotel. Admission is free. They are beautiful, majestic animals and I always enjoy visiting them while in Vegas.
2. The Volcano: in front of The Mirage, there is a large "volcano" that erupts frequently. Every fifteen minutes from 7:00 p.m. to midnight, pyrotechnic flames shoot into the sky and lava flows down the side of the volcano. This is fun to see.
3. The Aquarium in the lobby: The lobby features a 20,000-gallon saltwater aquarium which contains angelfish, puffer fish, tangs, sharks and more than 1,000 coral-reef animals. The tank is 53 feet long, eight feet from top to bottom, and six feet from front to back. This is a really interesting feature in the hotel!
4. The rainforest and aviary: Right off the lobby, there is a mini-rainforest filled with exotic plants and bird. This is a nice area to walk through.
5. The Dolphin Habitat: The 2.5-million-gallon Dolphin Habitat contains a number of Atlantic bottlenose dolphins and is especially fun for children to experience. The entry fee is $12.00 per person. It is free for children 10 years old and under (when accompanied by an adult).
Address: 3400 S. Las Vegas Blvd
Directions: Next door to Treasure Island, on the strip!
Phone: (702) 791-7111
More Reviews (17)
- Moorea: The Adults-only pool at Mandalay...
- See All An Oasis on the Strip: Mandalay Bay
- See All Voodoo Cafe
- The Forum Shops at Caesar's Palace
Erin74's Related Pages
Have you been to Las Vegas?Share Your Travels