"Grass covered roofs at the Peer Gynt Hytta" Top 5 Page for this destination Norway Things to Do Tip by sim1

Norway Things to Do: 771 reviews and 1,349 photos

Grass covered roofs at the Peer Gynt Hytta
by sim1

After hiking for about 4 kilometres we arrived at the Peer Gynt Hytta. The main part of the route on the way to the Peer Gynt Hytta followed the shores of two little lakes. In front of me, further in the distance, I could see the mountains of Rondane National Park, with its peaks often covered in a thick layer of clouds. On the other side of the lake I could see some of the lower mountains of Rondane National Park, almost rising up out of the lake. In the distance, on the opposite side of the lake from where I was, I could hear the cosy sound of sheep bells. This was the only sound around; it was so quiet and peaceful here. At the Peer Gynt Hytta the landscape seemed to open up for a little while and I could see for miles and miles in the distance giving me a stunning view over parts of the park.
In the picture you can see two little cabins at the Peer Gynt Hytta that are used as accommodations for hikers. I love these grass covered roofs, something you can see a lot while travelling through Norway. I think it looks so picturesque and makes houses like this almost disappear in the surrounding landscape. I would love to stay here overnight some day. Although these cabins look small, they did seem rather comfortable to me, and of course they are situated in the middle of a stunning landscape. I hope to return to Rondane to do some more and longer hikes, and maybe make use of these types of cabins in the park.

Website: http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/1c048/342dc/