Tim Hotel: "Class trip to the red light district?" France Hotel Tip by reon80

France Hotels: 361 reviews and 326 photos

We stayed at the Tim Hotel in Paris during a class trip to the city. The one we stayed at was the cheaper one located right near Pigalle Metro station. It was easy to get to because it was right by the Metro, and it had fantastic service and an excellent breakfast. Also, you can easily walk up the hill to the Sacre Couer, which was really nice.
For a hotel in Paris, it was pretty reasonably priced, especially for the excellent service. Of course, its more expensive than a hostel, so if you're a budget traveller, you probably won't choose Tim Hotel. I would give you a price, but I'm sure its changed with inflation and I don't want to be misquoted!
It did take a while to get used to the lights going off in the halls after about 5 seconds, but that seems to be the way it is all over France.
Anyway, we really enjoyed our stay at the Tim Hotel, although our chaperones weren't too pleased that it was sandwiched in between two sex shops and was right across the street from the Sex Emporium. Apparently, it is located in the red light district. But I think that gives it flavor.

Price Comparison: about average
Directions: Near Pigalle Metro, Paris
Price: US$20-40
Theme: Hotel

• Written Dec 29, 2003

“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.”

Have you been to France?