Cafe 2000 Gelataria: "Genuine Italian food & the BEST Gelato!" Balmain & Rozelle Restaurants Tip by aussiedoug

Balmain & Rozelle Restaurants, Sydney: 7 reviews and 10 photos

Tonino's range of gelati
by aussiedoug

I have been using this cafe since it first opened approximately 3 and a bit years ago. Tony (Tonino) & his wife Anna are the owner/operators.
I more often than not (till last year when I moved out of the city to take up a Primary School Principal's job) had breakfast there & often bought lunch there. As a Family we also have usually had Friday evening dinner there.
Tony has gained wide acclaim (&deservedly so!) for his handmade gelato. He uses fresh ingredients and they truly are delicious. If you have been lucky enough to enjoy ice-cream at Berthillon's in Paris then you really shouldn't miss the gelato at Cafe 2000!

Favorite Dish: For Breakfast I often have the Firenze Speciali (Florence special), which is 2 poached eggs on English muffins with spinach and a light tomato-ish sauce accompanied with my favourite mocha coffee.
For lunch I often have the Vegetarian Arancini with a serving of Broccoli &, more than likely a mocha (surprise, surprise!)
For dinner, as often the 4 of us eat here on Friday evening, Keely, Bessie & I will have Zucchini Pizza & Broccoli Pizza (by the slice) while Bess & Mum will also have a slice of Mushroom Pizza. To drink, the Limonata San Peelgrino & of course will finish with Tony's famous Gelato. If Kerry & I have coffee this will all come to around $40Aust so those of you trading Euros or U.S. Dollars are really getting good value!

Address: Dar;ling Street, Rozelle
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: See my off the beaten path tip for Sydney to get bus directions from the city to Rozelle
Phone: Will have to check & add later
Price: US$11-20
Rating: 5
Theme: Italian

• Updated Feb 4, 2004

Comments

aussiedoug Lives Here!

aussiedoug

“"We must become the change we want to see." - Mahatma Gandhi”

Have you been to Sydney?