"Looking for Designer Brands? Come to SALAMANCA!" Shopping Areas Tip by Krystynn

Shopping Areas, Madrid: 29 reviews and 25 photos

Spanish designer, Armaya Arzuaga = lovely dresses!
by Krystynn

No, I'm not banishing you to the city of Salamanca! There is a very exclusive district here in Madrid selling designer and luxury products like Chanel, Loewe, DKNY Donna Karan, Gucci, Hermes, Versace amongst others. It is known as SALAMANCA (the district).

What to buy: Luxury/ Branded products. I'll recommend a few of my favorites (read: polite and charming boutique assistants):

Let's start with:

Address: Jose Ortega y Gasset, 14, Madrid 28006 (METRO: Nunez de Bilbao).
I had expected to find really snooty boutique assistants but they were surprisingly very helpful towards me. I use Chanel skin care and make-up and because I bought a few items, they even gave me a few skin care samples. I'll definitely go back to this boutique again.

Address: Velázquez, 28, Madrid 28001 (METRO: Velázquez)
This boutique stocks the cheaper range of Donna Karan's clothings. Very affordable. I even saw some Spanish school girls coming in here to buy a few dresses! Friendly assistants, great variety of outfits to choose from at an affordable price!

Address: Jose Ortega y Gasset, 10, Madrid 28006 (METRO: Nunez de Balboa)
Even if the clothings at Versace is not within your budget, fear not! It's OK to browse through the trendiest Versace collections from casual wear to evening gowns! I stood there - riveted.

Address: Calle Don Ramon de la Cruz, 2, Madrid 28006 (METRO: Serrano)
I am a BIG fan of Gucci... and managed to grab a lovely pair of sandals which was on sale!

Address: Salamanca...
Theme: Women's Clothes

• Written Dec 26, 2003

“There is beauty everywhere. Just put your heart into your eyes”

Have you been to Madrid?