"The Winter Palace" Hermitage Tip by Sharrie
Hermitage, Saint Petersburg: 279 reviews and 544 photos
Essentially, HERMITAGE was made up of a few buildings interconnected on the Palace Embankment.
Hence, it was also built at different time & by different architect.
1) Winter Palace - Built in 1754-62 by architect Francesco Bartolomeo Rastrelli.
2) Small Hermitage - Built in 1764-75 by architects Jean-Baptiste Vallin de la Mothe & Yury Velten.
3) Old Hermitage - Built in 1771-87 by architect Yury Velten.
4) New Hermitage (on Millionnaya St.) - Built in 1842-51 by architect Leo von Klenze.
5) Menshikov Palace (on Vasilyevsky Island) & General Staff buildings (on Palace Square) also form part of the museum.
Phone: +7 (812) 710-90-79
More Reviews (14)
Sharrie's Related Pages
Have you been to Saint Petersburg?Share Your Travels