"Eric's visit" Top 5 Page for this destination New Jersey Favorite Tip by b1bob

New Jersey General: 83 reviews and 75 photos

left to right: J.D., myself, Eric
by b1bob

Fondest memory: On the afternoon of the first day of the new millennium, Eric came to J.D.'s flat. I have known Eric since I was a senior and he was a freshman at George Mason University. He lived on Washington Hall, 2 doors down from me. When I suggested our meeting with Eric, I had intended a neutral location somewhere in northern New Jersey. However, Deb suggested that we all get together at their flat in Metuchen. At the time he came, we were watching the Stanford-Wisconsin football game. We took a platter of cold cuts, coffee, and coffee cake. J.D., Eric, and I played a rather intense game of Scrabble. I didn't win this time either, but this time, I did not have the ignominious distinction of being last. Deb won with 137 points, J.D. finished second with 121, I finished third with 71, and Eric brought up the rear with 64. We watched "Tommy Boy" starring David Spade and the late Chris Farley. Some of the things that happened to Chris Farley's character- bumping face first into a glass wall and having the baby changing area open and fall on my head while I was in the loo in flight. I decided to treat Eric and my hosts to supper by ordering pizza and spicy chicken wings. I didn't have anything to do with the spicy chicken wings, but J.D. wanted those. Eric stayed a little while longer and told us he wanted to either teach elementary school or be a counselor. He has a better way with children than I do. Deb took pictures of J.D., Eric, and me together.

• Updated Jun 18, 2004

Have you been to New Jersey?