Caribbean Grill: "A taste of the Caribbean in Oceanside" Oceanside Restaurant Tip by spartan

Oceanside Restaurants: 72 reviews and 91 photos

Let me paint the picture for you. My parents were born and raised in the Caribbean, and us young kids grew up eating that cuisine. Well when I decided to move to California, I thought for sure that they would have that type of food out here. Well to my surprise, I couldn't find any restaurants. I was heartbroken and thought that I would have to special order food from the east coast via FedEx. Low and behold I find this place. My heart was racing, I had to go visit this place that serves Caribbean food. I finally decided to try it and I was not disappointed! In the background you could hear the reggae sounds of Bob Marley, and my foot began to tap to the beat of the music. First came the Red Stripe beer (Jamaica's best brew), then a Jamaican Meat Pattie (OMG I hadn't had one of those in over 2 years), then the meal, oh so good and spicy, just like I like it! The only drawback to this place was that it was on a side street and not overlooking the ocean, that would have made my evening complete! They also feature great live music on weekends (Jazz, Reggae, Blues, R & B).

Favorite Dish: Oh yes, a true taste of the Caribbean. Start off with an appetizer like the Jamaican Meat Patty (chicken variety) then have a salad for your healthy dose of vegetables. The first time I visited this restaurant, I had Jambalaya (made with red beans and rice, shrimp, sausage, chicken, green peppers, tomatoes) for dinner. The subsequent times that I have visited this establishment, I've had Curry Chicken with rice as well as Grilled Mahi Mahi (they both come with fresh grilled veggies, sweet bread and fried plantains)...absolutely fabulous. Wash it down with a Red Stripe Beer.

Address: 311 N. Tremont Street
Price Comparison: about average
Phone: (760) 722-3334
Price: US$11-20
Rating: 4
Theme: Eclectic/International

• Updated Jul 19, 2003

Comments

spartan

“So Let it be Written...So Let it be Done!!!”

Have you been to Oceanside?