"Koenigsplatz" Top 5 Page for this destination Koenigsplatz Tip by Henkster
Koenigsplatz, Munich: 15 reviews and 29 photos
Spacious and majestic, flanked by three neo-classic temples, this square has been nicknamed Athens-on-the-Isar. The structure, commissioned under Ludwig I (and his star-architect Leo von Klenze) to house several art museums, took on a sinister role from 1933-35 when Hitler paved over the grass-covered, tree-lined square to stage his National Socialist rallies.
See my travelogue for more photos!
Address: Koenigsplatz, Munich
More Things to Do in Munich (30)
More Reviews (67)
- See All Irish Pubs in Schwabing
- See All One of the best Bavarian restaurants
- See All Beautiful cute house right at...
- See All Big Shopping Malls in Munich
- See All Lehel district
- See All Munich trade fair - the most modern in...
- See All Public transport and Airport -both are...
- See All Christmas Market on Marienplatz
- See All Munich is a sports city
- Traffic is heavy but public transport is...
- cant really say...
- Get your tix in advance
Henkster's Related Pages
Have you been to Munich?Share Your Travels