"A sculpture city" Top 5 Page for this destination Gent Favorite Tip by Norali

Gent General: 116 reviews and 147 photos

A sculpture city
by Norali

Favorite thing: The guided tour started from the train station. Just accross the station, there was a little place whose I don't remember the name.

In France, this would have been the Place de la gare with the Café de la gare. :) whatever... we are in Ghent!

Well, two things stroke me: the station area was neat, the garden was lush, well-kept with nice flower plots... in the contrary of some Walloon train station where you would never be pleased to wait fro your driver. Here, it seems nice with the bench and... this!

A tall sculpture, with a fountain... One of the many sculptures and statues I found in this great city. At least, I could distinguish it from the others.. for it being the first I saw. :)

Fondest memory: Thinking, I can now tale you Belgium through my eyes. For sure, the cities are not simply that but according what I saw (could see) there, and recurrent elements as part of their landscapes, I say:

Antwerp is a Church and Madonna city
Ghent is a Sculpture and statue and flower city (Check the TL)
Brussels is a Murale and comic strip city
Brugges, - oh! a page I would not probably build-, a Canal city.. yet, Ghent has many canals too.
Durbuy, a Stone city
Leuven, the University city but not only :)

You don't agree with me? Fine! It's my point of view. Yet, I appreciate if you tell me why you don't agree. *haha*

Review Helpfulness: 4 out of 5 stars