"Churches: Noorderkerk (Northern church)" Top 5 Page for this destination Noorderkerk Tip by Pavlik_NL
Noorderkerk, Amsterdam: 3 reviews and 4 photos
In 1620 the Northern part of the ?Jordaan? should have an extra church. Again H. de Keyser was asked to start builing here and again his son was the one that completed the work in 1623. The Northern church (Noorderkerk) is different from the others and is built in the form of a cross, but without a substantial tower on top. The wooden roof with the little pretty tower is craftmenship of H.J. Staets (city carpenter) and his friend C. Danckerts (city wallmaker).
More Things to Do in Amsterdam (39)
More Reviews (68)
- See All Living like luggage
- See All The place for real Rhythm and Blues
- See All Architecture, Amsterdam has a dazzling...
- See All Getting it cheap ... on the market(s)
- See All Looking out on the Vondelpark
Pavlik_NL's Related Pages
Have you been to Amsterdam?Share Your Travels