"Homeric routes" Top 5 Page for this destination Greece Favorite Tip by SirRichard
Greece General: 654 reviews and 611 photos
Favorite thing: If U R fond of Homer and its books, there are some places that will remind you in Greece some parts of his work. PLaces that appear in the texts, mainly in the Ionian Sea:
- The Nymphs Cave (see pic) in Ithaka: here is where Ulisses left his treasuries when he returned, before going home as an old beggar.
- Dexa Bay (Ithaka): where Ulisses was diembarked by the phaecians.
- The fields where Eumeo, the man in charge of the pigs, lived and met Ulisses after he returned (Ithaka).
- Corfu, the island of the phaecians.
- Pilos, where King Nestor lived. There went Telemachus to ask for help.
- Mycenae, where king Agamennon lived.
- Sparta (not much left there, just a modern town) where King Menelaos lived.
More Reviews (50)
- See All Greek Yoghourt
- Leave the souvenirs for the end
- See All Baklavas and diets
- See All Ithaki
- See All Daytrips in Turkey (from Rhodes)
- See All Butterflies Valley (Paros)
SirRichard's Related Pages
Have you been to Greece?Share Your Travels