"Gefion Fountain" Langelinie Tip by ginte
Langelinie, Copenhagen: 16 reviews and 31 photos
The official name is 'Gefion'. According to an ancient legend, Gefion was the goddess who ploughed the island of Zealand out of Sweden. The Swedish king Gylfe offered the goddess Gefion as much land as she was capable of ploughing within one day and one night. Gefion was only helped by four oxen. She transformed her four sons into im- mensely powerful oxen and had them plough so deeply in the Ground that they raised the land and pulled it into the sea. This is how the island of Zealand was created.
Directions: Not far from the Little Mermaid
More Things to Do in Copenhagen (14)
More Reviews (28)
- See All Pharmacy 24 hours
- See All Food in supermarkets
- See All Transportation
- See All Tivoli
- See All Smoking
- See All Huge department store
- See All Ice skating outdoor
- You can find almost everything you need
- Hotel CAB INN Scandinavia
- During a year of living there - no any...
Been to Copenhagen?Share your travels with the world!
ginte's Related Pages
Have you been to Copenhagen?Share Your Travels