"Ugly Ducks Cruise Along Chicago's Shoreline" Top 5 Page for this destination Navy Pier Tip by deecat

Navy Pier, Chicago: 12 reviews and 12 photos

Dee and Ronda on the Ugly Ducks Cruise
by deecat

Favorite thing: When my sister, Ronda, came to visit me from my hometown, Robinson, Illinois, a few years ago, one of the most fun activities that we shared was an afternoon cruise on Lake Michigan. We caught a taxi from our hotel near the Miracle Mile, which took us to Navy Pier. I had already booked our trip via the Ugly Ducks' Website. We went to the ticket booth, picked up our tickets, and then boarded the ship. Just as we were boarding, we had this picture taken. I'm glad, because I have it on the file cabinet beside my computer, and every time I look at the picture, I smile, remembering her week-long visit in Chicago.
It was fun to explore the ship before it launched. Then we were escorted to the "ballroom", which is where the tables and chairs were set up to serve lunch.
After lunch, games were played, and contests were held. It was fun to watch, but we did not participate.
We went up to the top deck, took pictures, and viewed the beautiful shoreline of Chicago.

Fondest memory: Observing Chicago's skyline that boasts over 500,000 buildings and the largest skyscraper in the world was our favorite memory. Also, we enjoyed getting to look at Navy Pier.
We paid about $30.00 each for the Cruise and Lunch.

• Updated Dec 9, 2003

deecat Lives Here!

Have you been to Chicago?