Sociale: "Oh, everything is so good" Sociale Tip by mrtourne

Sociale, San Francisco: 2 reviews and 1 photos

A bit hard to find if you are not a local (you access through a narrow hallway leading to a brick patio, which is perfect for dining on a warmer night; the main dining room is right behind it). Very charming and cozy, although it can get a bit loud at times. The food is absolutely AMAZING - I can recommend everything on the menu, from the roasted beet / goat cheese salad, to the papardelle with duck ragout (a must have), to the rack of lamb or the steak. The fish is also supposedly very good (I didn't have it, some friends did)

Service is ultra professional, it's the only place I've ever sent a bottle of wine back (it was corked, not their fault) and they immediately replaced it. We were seated within 5 minutes of our reservations both times I've been there. Wine prices are average for San Francisco, look at an 80-100% markup from grocery store prices (e.g., I had a great bottle of Gary Farrell pinot noir: $38 at the vineyard, $60 at the restaurant)

Deserts are also great - I recommend the molten chocolate cake...although the sfingi are supposedly famous

The also accept online reservations through (no extra charge)

Update 6/11/05: Was there again last week, and it's still a great experience. The menu has changed a bit, though the main staples (duck papardelle, brick chicken, etc.) all remain. They have also added a tasting menu, changing monthly, which at $35 for a 4-course meal is an absolute steal. Don't miss it.

Favorite Dish: The rack of lamb is pitch perfect

Address: 3665 Sacramento St.
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: Presidio Heights, Sacramento between Locust and Spruce
Phone: 415-921-3200
Price: US$41 and up
Rating: 5
Theme: Italian

• Updated Jun 12, 2005

mrtourne Lives Here!

“I never decide which way to turn until I get to the corner...”

Have you been to San Francisco?