"A Tribute to the FALL in Paris........" Regina Hotel Tip by Geisha_Girl

Regina Hotel, Paris: 935 reviews and 7 photos

Sharing the Shivers at the Regina
by Geisha_Girl

During our *million dollar* stroll through les grands boulevards of Paris, and as we approached the famous "Statue de Jeanne d'Arc," we stumbled upon the famous Hotel Regina.

Coined as the first of three Parisian luxury hotels created by Leonard Tauber and Constant Baverez, the "Regina" was built on the former site of the Louvre's royal carousel.

More significant to us was that it was featured in one of the most famous scenes in Eric Schaeffer's Indie film, "Fall."

One of the film's most heart-wrenching scenes takes place when the tenacious main character pursues his beloved muse all the way to Paris...........where there he finds her leaving the Hotel Regina, hand in hand, with her husband.

From across the Place des Pyramides she spots him, they share a glance, and she can feel his heart breaking as the narration of "Shiver's" poetry to Sarah plays in the films background:

"I know you would never fly a million miles just to see me smile at you. Someday maybe, but not today. So I guess I better disappear, Sarah. I know you'll be okay, and soon I will be too. And maybe, just maybe, if god so desires, a day will come when, as friends, we will find ourselves accidentally strolling along the white cliffs of Dover, or the mountain rocks of Mendocino, or the bonnie, emerald north of the Scottish seaboard........

.......or the glistening harbor of old New York, and from the heights, in the stars, among the angels whose arms will cradle us, in a moment neither of us was told about but knew like our oldest happiness, we will look into each other's eyes and know....it is today. It is today. And whether that day is tomorrow, or next week, or next year, or next lifetime......

.....I will finally get to tell you to your sweet face. The face I will miss more than I could ever tell, that......I love you. And you'll smile wryly, close your eyes, say 'catch me baby'.........and fall."

*Goose pimples.*

Address: 2, Place de Pyramides 75001 France
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Phone: 33 0 1 42 60 31 10
Price: US$180 and up
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www.regina-hotel.com/

Review Helpfulness: 4 out of 5 stars

• Updated Dec 5, 2003

Comments

Geisha_Girl

“If you always heed the fears of others, you will never end up doing anything different”

Have you been to Paris?