"Wear It With Pride, Eh?" Toronto Local Custom Tip by Todd64

Toronto Local Customs: 171 reviews and 184 photos

I know you’re not going to believe me, but this little fella is a Canadian icon. No, I’m not talking about the flag per say, but the actual tiny plastic pin of the flag itself. It’s hard to imagine how a little piece of plastic no larger than 1.2 x .06 cm could aquire such lofty status, but I’m here to tell you my friends that it’s true.

Everybody in this country owns one and if they don’t they should because they’re given out for free just about everywhere you go. In fact if I’m not mistaken they’re handed out on little cards to schoolchildren in Toronto around Canada Day, and given to every new citizen when being sworn in. You’ll see them everywhere from the baseball hats of sports fans at a Blue Jays game to the lapel of a $3000.00 suit worn by a Bay Street power broker. You’ll see them on the jackets of people from coast to coast, and if you’re lucky you might even see one or two on the backpacks of travelers around the globe.

It’s been debated if Canadians actually have “pride” in this country or not, but I say we do. We’re just subtle about it, that’s all.

Review Helpfulness: 4 out of 5 stars

• Updated Dec 12, 2003

Comments

Todd64 Lives Here!

Todd64

“Västkusten är bäst kusten!”

Have you been to Toronto?