The Festival of Autumn in Paris: "AUTUMN FESTIVAL SEPTEMBER 14-DECEMBER 19(annual)" Paris Nightlife Tip by thinking
Paris Nightlife: 671 reviews and 735 photos
If you're visiting Paris this autumn and are slightly bewildered by the choice of events on offer, using the Festival d'Automne as a simple guideline should guarantee that you discover some of the best productions in the city.
Created in 1972, the festival is dedicated to contemporary art.
Encompassing opera, theatre, film, dance and performing arts, spanning four months and incorporating more high-powered arts events than some other cities see in a year, this is a highlight of the Parisian cultural calendar. The breadth of the programme makes it a question of simply dipping in on the day and seeing where you end up.
Following 2005's Year of Brazil, the themes of the 2006 Festival are more wide-ranging. There is a dual geographical focus - on the American Scene and Mongolia - while two British artists, composer George Benjamin and playwright Martin Crimp are featured, as are a revival of work by famous Argentine-born French cartoonist and dramatist Copi (Raúl Damonte).
Please visit the festival website for the full programme.
Website:Festival d'Automne Website
More Nightlife in Paris (1)
More Reviews (119)
- See All THE BEST WORKERS IN FRANCE
- See All 10,000 BICYCLES IN PARIS AT 1000...
- See All MOST PHARMACIES ARE CLOSED ON SUNDAYS...
- See All 2 star restaurant
- See All THE MARKET AT ALMA-MARCEAU
- See All IN ST-DENIS: AN OASIS FOR WOMEN
- See All LE PARC MONCEAU
- See All WHAT IS La France Profonde" or "DEEP...
- See All CHARMING BED AND BREAKFAST NETWORK
- See All PlAN DE PARIS MAP IS THE BEST!
- BRING YOUR OWN DVD'S FOR EXERCISE
- "La plus belle avenue du monde" for the...
thinking's Related Pages
Have you been to Paris?Share Your Travels