L'Auvergne Gourmande: "Don't miss the Charcuterie platters" Paris Restaurant Tip by thinking
Paris Restaurants: 2,613 reviews and 3,311 photos
La Fontaine de Mars has been in all the guidebooks for years, and is surely a destination worth visiting, but this annex is a real treat. If you are looking for a way to meet some new people, practice your French and try out a variety of ever-changing menu items, you've come to the right place. L'Auvergne is a "table d' hote" or communal dining bistro?guests sit all together at one long dining table. While the concept is relatively new in France, the "table d' hote" is gaining in popularity just as much as speed dating. The atmosphere is cozy, the service on target and the traditional, but not always classic, French cooking is superb. You'll find soups, charcuterie platters, several choices of beef, and many delectable desserts on a simple menu with daily specials that can't be beat. Don't miss out on such a superb combination.
Favorite Dish: French cooking is superb. Try the daily specials.
Address: 127 rue Saint Dominique, 7th
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: Closed Sundays
No credit cards.
Phone: 01 47 05 60 79
More Restaurants in Paris (24)
More Reviews (96)
- See All THE BEST WORKERS IN FRANCE
- See All 10,000 BICYCLES IN PARIS AT 1000...
- See All MOST PHARMACIES ARE CLOSED ON SUNDAYS...
- See All THE MARKET AT ALMA-MARCEAU
- See All IN ST-DENIS: AN OASIS FOR WOMEN
- See All LE PARC MONCEAU
- See All WHAT IS La France Profonde" or "DEEP...
- See All CHARMING BED AND BREAKFAST NETWORK
- See All PlAN DE PARIS MAP IS THE BEST!
- BRING YOUR OWN DVD'S FOR EXERCISE
- "La plus belle avenue du monde" for the...
- See All AUTUMN FESTIVAL SEPTEMBER 14-DECEMBER...
thinking's Related Pages
Have you been to Paris?Share Your Travels