"Take a tripod" Top 5 Page for this destination Wadowice Packing List Tip by matcrazy1

Wadowice What to Pack: 1 reviews and 1 photos

BASILICA - PIC TAKEN WITHOUT A TRIPOD
by matcrazy1

Photo Equipment: We arrived in Wadowice late afternoon. I tried to take pictures at bad light and first of all inside the basilica. But I didn't have a tripod. Hmm... look at my picture :-(((.

Keep in mind that a built in flash on most cameras will only light up an area between 10 and 20 feet (= 3 - 6 m) in front of the camera. My camera's shutter opens and has to stay open for up to several seconds for enough light to hit the film to make an image at dark night or bad lighted interiors. The problem: most people cannot hold a camera perfectly still for more than a small fraction of a second - usually more than 1/30 or 1/45 s.

Miscellaneous: So, if you want to take pictures at night or inside the buidings you must use a tripod, never mind how good (and expensive :-) is your camera. Hmm... I still must buy a tripod for my camera. I think about two tripods: one mini-tripod, very small, primitive one, I could say but cheap, light and easy to carry with me. And the second: real, professional tripod with a bag.

Not so easy to choose from :-):
SLIK tripods (Japan)
MANFROTTO tripods (Italy)
about tripods on photo.net

• Written Nov 28, 2003

Comments

matcrazy1

“Keep smiling, take it easy :-)”

Have you been to Wadowice?