Eddie Bauer Outlet store.: "Outlet malls in Pigeon Forge and Seiverville" Tennessee Shopping Tip by Ky_Happy_Dad

Tennessee Shopping: 7 reviews and 8 photos

Escape from the outlet malls
by Ky_Happy_Dad

Anyone who has ever been to Pigeon Forge in Tennessee knows the place is full of outlet malls, restaurants, country music show theatres, etc. I prefer to spend most of my vacation in the National Park and avoid the crowds, but I have a soft spot in my heart for the orignial Eddie Bauer store in the Tanger Outlet mall, which has been converted into a "warehouse" store. This is a good rainy day activity or a stop on the way home.

The reason for my affection is simple. I like a bargain. This store has mostly men's and women's casual clothing., with some children's items.

You will find the same type of overstock items from the catalogue, but the prices are much lower than most of the other outlet stores. Eddie Bauer has another outlet mall store in Seiverville, but the prices are not as good at the more upscale Tanger Five Oaks as this orignal store.

Be warned the Tennessee sales tax is high. You might not save as much money as you hope to save.

Another bonus for this store is when the men and children get tired of hunting for bargains (and anyone who hangs around outlet malls, know most women will keep looking for bargains rather endlessly) they can take refuge at the nearby amusement park called "the Track" which has several go-cart tracks ("the Wild Woody") and a water bumper car type ride. Perfect escapism for the young at heart on a hot day! See photo of my escape from the shopping frenzy.

What to buy: Outlet malls in Tennessee have almost everything imaginable. I tend to shop for clothing and camping and hikeing supplies, while my wife likes to buy back to school clothes and Christmas gifts.

What to pay: I found some great prices on men's dress pants normally sold in retail stores at $85.00 for $15.00 to $20.00.

Address: Behind "The Track" , Hwy 441 off Wears Valley Road
Directions: Tanger Outlet Center. See website below for map and driving directions from Knoxville.
Phone: (865) 453-0468
Theme: Men's Clothes

• Updated Apr 4, 2011

“To God be the Glory!”

Have you been to Tennessee?