"Zig-Zag Eco Tours and Treks" Top 5 Page for this destination Bolivia Favorite Tip by AlbuqRay

Bolivia Favorites: 99 reviews and 96 photos

Caesar and Mario at Old Zig-Zag Office

Caesar and Mario at Old Zig-Zag Office
      Plaza Gaston Velasco
    by AlbuqRay

Favorite thing: Mario Nina used to guide people for Fremen Tours but he now has his own company, Zig-Zag Eco Tours & Treks and has a partnership with Gravity Assisted Mountain Biking. His office (Illampu Street 867 Office 5) is located near the northeast corner of Illampu and Sagarnaga Streets close to the Witches' Market. If you are going south on Illampu from the Hotel Rosario and come to Plaza Gaston Velasco, you have gone too far. There is now a Zig-Zag Facebook page but you must be logged into Facebook to see it. You may also e-mail him at info@zigzagbolivia.com or mario_357@hotmail.com. Mario is very knowledgeable and his English was the best of any guide I have had in Bolivia. He knows the history, the flora and the Aymara legends; he is a real gentleman and it is a pleasure to travel with him. I recommend Mario highly. His partner, Caesar, is an excellent guide also and really knows a lot about Tiwanaku. Zig-Zag offers tours and adventure travel throughout Bolivia.

Fondest memory: One of my better memories is when Mario made me make a surprise visit to the house of an internet friend (that I had never met in person) on the very first day I was in Bolivia during his half day La Paz tour. I knew Cecy was in Canada on business but her parents and brother showed us the warmest hospitality. Having La Paz's best saltenas with Mario at the La Fiesta restaurant near Plaza Obelisco and watching a huge, but peaceful, political demonstration is also a unique memory. However, the absolute best memory is going to a small, remote school in the mountains outside El Alto (Collpani School) with Mario to donate childrens' books.

Review Helpfulness: 4 out of 5 stars

• Updated Sep 16, 2012

Comments

AlbuqRay

“Karma with free will: we earn our destiny by choosing among countably infinite eigenstates”

Have you been to Bolivia?