"Don Mario Tours" Top 5 Page for this destination Bolivia Favorite Tip by AlbuqRay

Bolivia Favorites: 99 reviews and 96 photos

Caesar and Mario at Old Zig-Zag Office

Caesar and Mario at Old Zig-Zag Office
      Plaza Gaston Velasco
    by AlbuqRay

Favorite thing: In April 2014 Mario started his own company Don Mario Tours.

Mario Nina used to guide people for Fremen Tours but then he and some partners started their own company, Zig-Zag Eco Tours & Treks. Zig-Zag also had a partnership with Gravity Assisted Mountain Biking. Zig-Zag's office (Illampu Street 867 Office 5) was located near the northeast corner of Illampu and Sagarnaga Streets close to the Witches' Market. If you were going south on Illampu from the Hotel Rosario and came to Plaza Gaston Velasco, you had gone too far. There was a Zig-Zag Facebook page but you must be logged into Facebook to see it. You may still e-mail Mario at mario_357@hotmail.com. Mario is very knowledgeable and his English is the best of any guide I have had in Bolivia. He knows the history, the flora and the Aymara legends; he is a real gentleman and it is a pleasure to travel with him. I recommend Mario highly. His partner, Caesar was an excellent guide also and really knew a lot about Tiwanaku.

Fondest memory: One of my better memories is when Mario made me make a surprise visit to the house of an internet friend (that I had never met in person) on the very first day I was in Bolivia during his half day La Paz tour. I knew Cecy was in Canada on business but her parents and brother showed us the warmest hospitality. Having La Paz's best saltenas with Mario at the La Fiesta restaurant near Plaza Obelisco and watching a huge, but peaceful, political demonstration is also a unique memory. However, the absolute best memory is going to a small, remote school in the mountains outside El Alto (Collpani School) with Mario to donate childrens' books.

Review Helpfulness: 4 out of 5 stars

• Updated Apr 21, 2016

Comments

AlbuqRay

“Karma with free will: we earn our destiny by choosing among countably infinite eigenstates”

Have you been to Bolivia?