"Le Marais -- A Synagogue designed by Guimard" Top 5 Page for this destination Le Marais Tip by shrimp56
Le Marais, Paris: 36 reviews and 76 photos
The Orthodox synagogue was designed by Hector Guimard, also the designer of the famous Metro entrance ways. You will find it on 10 rue Pavée. It was Guimard's wife who was Jewish -- the Germans blew it up in 1940, but it has been rebuilt. The fence is a protective addition.
More Off The Beaten Path in Paris (68)
More Reviews (312)
- See All Attractive and Well-run - *15
- See All Authentic Breton Galettes
- See All Art is Paris -- Paris is Art
- See All Musée Cernuschi: Asian Arts/City of...
- See All Jazz and Wine -- on Ile St. Louis *4e
shrimp56's Related Pages
Have you been to Paris?Share Your Travels