Hotel Esmeralda: "Mixed Feelings About a Beautiful Hotel" Top 5 Page for this destination Bolivia Hotel Tip by AlbuqRay

Bolivia Hotels: 52 reviews and 57 photos

View from My Room's Balcony

View from My Room's Balcony
      Pool and Sauna
      Garden and Rooms with Views
      Outdoor and Indoor Dining
      My Room
    by AlbuqRay

I have mixed feelings about this hotel. The room was spacious with a spectacular view. The dining room and food were excellent (Desayuno = 15 Bs, Almuerzo = 17.50 Bs and Cena 21.50 Bs). All are served buffet style and desayuno comes with the room. The gardens are lovely. There is a nice pool and sauna. There are games and a playground for kids. However, three things keep me from recommending this hotel. First, the toilet seat was filthy when I arrived. Secondly, the owner's young daughter came into my room using a pass key without knocking, supposedly to turn on the porch light. Thirdly, we were watching TV in the lobby when one of the staff came in with another guest and changed the channel, without asking us, in order to watch a movie (BTW, the other guest apologized himself). See also a separate travelogue under Coroico.

Unique Qualities: The view from your room and the dining room are unsurpassed. I understand the climate is like Spring year-round. If you want to just relax, this is a great place to do it. I was on a tour but the regular rates for a deluxe room were $13-17.

Address: Coroico
Comparison: about average
Directions: Through town and up the hill
Price: less than US$20
Theme: Hotel

Review Helpfulness: 4 out of 5 stars

• Updated Sep 5, 2005

Comments

AlbuqRay

“Karma with free will: we earn our destiny by choosing among countably infinite eigenstates”

Have you been to Bolivia?