"You've 5 hrs to spare before connecting flight .." Singapore Transportation Tip by Gemms
Singapore Transportation: 530 reviews and 475 photos
You are at the Singapore Changi International Airport and have five hours to spare before your connecting flight ? Make full use of your travel time and hop onto one of the tour buses that will take you for a spin around Singapore.
Approach the staff at the designated counters in Singapore Changi Airport from 1000-1800 hrs to experience this FREE service that will open you to the sights and sounds of Singapore.
The following are the four places you can explore during your journey on the tour buses. You may get off the bus at your own leisure. Tour buses will be back every hour to take you back to the airport or bring you to the next location.
1) The Civic District: The legacy of the colonial past includes stops at:
- The Singapore River
- Raffles City, Suntec City and Marina Square Shopping Malls
- Swissotel The Stamford, tallest hotel in Singapore
- Raffles Hotel, one of t he famous landmarks in Singapore
- Chijmes, dining shopping leisure and entertainment venue
- Merlion Park, Home to S'pore’s half lion-half fish national icon
- Esplanade, theatres on the bay, the premier performing arts centre.
2) Chinatown: A colourful historical ethnic district includes stops at :
- Chinatown Heritage Centre
- Sri Mariamman Temple
- Thian Hock Keng Temple
- Chinatown Food Street/Maxwell Market
(Local Hawker Centres)
3) Orchard Road: Singapore’s world-famous shopping mall includes stops at :
- Tangs – Singapore’s home grown retail outlet
- Peranakan Place – to see Straits Chinese Architecture
- Hark Rock Café
- Istana Park
4) Little India: Enclave of the thriving Indian community includes stops at :
- Mustafa Centre, bargain selections for your shopping needs
Lots of things to do and see in Little India. You just hop from one tiny shop houses to the other to view accessories, handicrafts, jewellery and more.
othercontact: Contact Staff At Airport Counter
More Transportation in Singapore (1)
More Reviews (12)
Gemms' Related Pages
Have you been to Singapore?Share Your Travels