"Dragon's Den" Top 5 Page for this destination Krakow Off The Beaten Path Tip by matcrazy1
Krakow Off The Beaten Path: 270 reviews and 404 photos
There is a large cavern in the western slope of the Wawel hill called Dragon's Den. It's accesible for visitors now.
In written records, it was mentioned for the first time by Wincenty Kadlubek in his "Chronicle" of the turn of the 12th and 13th centuries; he linked the cave with the legend of the dragon and Prince Gracchus (Krak), who ordered his sons to slay the ferocious monster.
othercontact: Fax: +48 (12) 4221697
Phone: +48 (12) 4225155 ext. 291
More Reviews (325)
- See All 3-star, family run hidden gem of Krakow!
- See All Great US friends and Polish food :-)
- See All Famous honey cakes from Torun
- See All Polish and... Mexican drinks
- See All Let's meet... under the knife
- See All On bicycle
matcrazy1's Related Pages
Have you been to Krakow?Share Your Travels