"Expositions at the "Stratemakers"-tower" Top 5 Page for this destination Nijmegen Things to Do Tip by Pavlik_NL
Nijmegen Things to Do: 187 reviews and 211 photos
Hidden for various centuries in between the houses, even being a part of a few, one of the few remaining Bastion-towers in The Netherlands was lost for a long time. Only recently one discovered the "Rondeel" and found out that it was fairly intact. This immediately called for preservation actions and now the tower, named "Stratemakers-toren" (Streetmakers) is a free exposition space (some call it a museum) and offers a wide range of special activities.
The tower was used for protection of the ferry that connected Nijmegen with the other side of the river, with the roads leading to Arnhem. Foundations date back to the 12th century, but the tower itself is as old as 1525.
More Reviews (29)
- See All Frank Boeijen (Groep), music from...
- See All Passionate Argentinian tango's through...
- See All Entrance granted by the gatekeeper
- See All Where you food can be weighted
- A hotel on the old market square
- See All Market Garden and the miracle of the...
- See All The new shoppingstreet of Nijmegen
- See All Public transport in and around Nijmegen
- Parkingtroubles (even with little money)
Been to Nijmegen?Share your travels with the world!
Pavlik_NL's Related Pages
Have you been to Nijmegen?Share Your Travels
Latest Nijmegen hotel reviews
- Hotel Catharina
- 1 Review & Opinion
- Amrath Hotel Belvoir
- 41 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 19, 2013
- Mercure Nijmegen Centre
- 114 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 6, 2013
- Hotel Atlanta
- 13 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 17, 2013
- 5 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 21, 2013
- Scandic Hotel Sanadome Nijmegen
- 51 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 7, 2013
- Hotel Courage
- 23 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 25, 2013
- Apollo Hotel
- 20 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 9, 2013
- De Prince - De Amuse
- 25 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 13, 2013