"My Favorite London Splurge" Radisson Blu Edwardian Vanderbilt Tip by Callavetta

Radisson Blu Edwardian Vanderbilt, London: 2,844 reviews and 13 photos

Wonderful Lounge with fireplace
by Callavetta

In my opinion, Knightbridge is the best place for a tourist to stay in London. Just a block away from the Glouchester Tube Station, it's a wonderful neighborhood environment with pretty houses, comfy restaurants, beautiful churches, and museums and the Royal Albert Hall. It's a short walk to Kensington Gardens and just a bit down the road from Harrods. I usually stay at one of four hotels here and the Edwardian Vanderbilt is my splurge. When the internet gods are with me, and decent rates come up, I book this one when I can.

Comfortable rooms, very nice bathrooms with all the amenities, a work out facility and indoor pool and a business center with internet access provide everything you need. There is a restaurant but I haven't eaten here.

Unique Qualities: My favorite thing about this hotel is the bar and lounge. Ultra comfortable furniture, a great fireplace, friendly staff, and a good bar make this such a comfortable home away from home. The great thing about this is, even if I stay "cheaper" on a trip to London, I can always hang out for awhile in the bar.

To book, check out www.londontown.com

Address: 68-86 Cromwell Road, London, EN SW7
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Phone: 44 207 5892424
Price: US$120-180
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www.radisson.com/vanderbilt

Review Helpfulness: 4 out of 5 stars

• Written Nov 14, 2003

Callavetta Visits Here Frequently!

“Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate”

Have you been to London?