"Turkey in Krakow :-)" Top 5 Page for this destination Wawel Castle Tip by matcrazy1
Wawel Castle, Krakow: 172 reviews and 271 photos
The exhibition of Near and Far Eastern art occupies the west wing of the castle. Why just in Krakow?
Thanks to John III Sobieski, King of Poland from 1674. He became commander-in-chief of the army in 1668 and he saved Vienna and Europe from the besieging Otoman Turks in 1683. Most the items displayed (textiles, ceramics, arms, armours) were brought by him after his victory in the battle of Vienna, 1683.
- five large Turkish banners displayed in special cases under the ceiling,
- six 17th century Turkish tents.
It's said that it's the world's best collection of Turkish banners and tents - do NOT miss it. Sorry, no pictures - I didn't get the Director of Wawel Castle permission :-((( but click here.
Admission fee - normal 5 zl, reduced 3 zl.
No day of free admission.
Address: BOT, Wawel 5, 31-001 Krakow, Poland
Directions: From SE corner of the Main Market Square go souhwards Grodzka Street (aprox. 20 min.), at the end turn right ---> the entrance: walk right up to the hill.
othercontact: Fax: +48 (12) 4221697
Phone: +48 (12) 4225155 ext. 291
More Things to Do in Krakow (93)
More Reviews (259)
- See All 3-star, family run hidden gem of Krakow!
- See All Great US friends and Polish food :-)
- See All Famous honey cakes from Torun
- See All Polish and... Mexican drinks
- See All Let's meet... under the knife
- See All On bicycle
matcrazy1's Related Pages
Have you been to Krakow?Share Your Travels