"Marie's Last Home" Conciergerie Tip by davequ
Conciergerie, Paris: 75 reviews and 182 photos
The cells below the Conciergerie were Marie-Antoinette's last home before she met the guillotine in Place de la Concorde.
This is a picture I took of a representation shown in the Conciergerie dungeon cells.
Marie is being "suicide-watched" by a guard before she was taken for execution, where her severed head was held high above the blood bucket for the cheering crowds.
Ahh.. those were the days (?).
Address: 1, quai de l'Horloge
Directions: Mo: Cité, Saint-Michel or Châtelet
Phone: +33 1 53 40 60 80
More Reviews (93)
- See All Dim Sum
- See All Velib for Americans now?
- See All Paris Apartment Vacation Rentals
- See All Grande Guignol - Théâtre des Vampires
- See All Street vendors
- See All A good Paris "happy-hour" Pub
- See All grands magasins & another good view
- Boules in the parc
- See All A recommended "parisian-watching" cafe
- See All Foto within a foto
- See All Can-Can You Say "piège à touristes?"
- See All Watch out for labor strikes!
davequ's Related Pages
Have you been to Paris?Share Your Travels