"Light in the upper room..." Sainte-Chapelle Tip by davequ
Sainte-Chapelle, Paris: 145 reviews and 355 photos
Here is a simple digital altar close-up shot I took on a mildly sunny day in the early afternoon of Oct. '03.
Lower chapel is muted, darker; upper chapel is a symphony of light.
Consciergerie and Marie Antoinette's prison cell is right next door.
I recommend buying the pass for both.
Check for strikes. It was closed the first time I went to Paris. But 2 years later, it was open and glorious.
Click below for a large and gorgeous picture of the whole chapel:
AA does Sainte Chapelle
Address: Boulevard du Palais
Directions: Sainte-Chapelle is inside the Palais of Justice on IIle de le Cite -- a few minutes walk from Notre Dame.
Metro: Cite, Saint-Michel, or Chatelet. RER: Chatelet -Les-Halles, Saint-Michel
Phone: 01 53 73 78 50
More Reviews (93)
- See All Dim Sum
- See All Velib for Americans now?
- See All Paris Apartment Vacation Rentals
- See All Grande Guignol - Théâtre des Vampires
- See All Street vendors
- See All A good Paris "happy-hour" Pub
- See All grands magasins & another good view
- Boules in the parc
- See All A recommended "parisian-watching" cafe
- See All Foto within a foto
- See All Can-Can You Say "piège à touristes?"
- See All Watch out for labor strikes!
davequ's Related Pages
Have you been to Paris?Share Your Travels