"JETSKI" Varadero Things to Do Tip by LIMERICK

Varadero Things to Do: 102 reviews and 197 photos

We went on a jungle tour which involved getting there on jetski's. I'd never being on one before and I must admit I was a bit wary of them. It took about 10 minutes to get to grips with the speed and with the small swell on the open sea. After this I could start enjoying it and for a finish I didn't want it to end. You get to stop off at this type of island and see things such as snakes,crocodiles which you could hold(baby one about 3ft in lenght), giant rats, iguana's and tortoises. You also can a much needed cold drink. It's back on the jetski's and hack to base. All in all it was a couple of hours long and wasn't over priced. Two people can sit on each one. Anyway worth a visit.
We also did a tour of Matanzas city of which Varadero is a part of the province. Included in this was a trip to the Matanzas caves. It was an interesting tour with loads of facts on the history of the city and the dicovery of the cave. The caves weren't anything special as such as once you've seen a couple of caves you've seen them all. The city was interesting to the degree that you got to see poverty and the local markets. We got a guided tour on a coach and weren't allowed off, I suppose for time reasons but it was disappointing not to be able to stroll about the streets.

Address: Jetski tour, a 2 minute drive from Beaches Hotel
Directions: Half way between the strip of Hotels in Varadero. It's where all the deep sea fishing boats are for hire amongst other cruise boats.

Review Helpfulness: 4 out of 5 stars

• Written Nov 13, 2003

LIMERICK's Related Pages

Ranked Member

Have you been to Varadero?