"Take a bite of "Apple"" Top 5 Page for this destination London Off The Beaten Path Tip by sourbugger
London Off The Beaten Path: 1,703 reviews and 3,058 photos
Although no longer a recording studio - 3 Saville Road was the location for the Beatles' Apple Studios. The Beatles famously gave an performance on the rooftop in 1969.
Legend says that the nearby shop owners called the police to break up the noisy performance. The police station was just around the corner but, it took 40 minutes for them saunter up. Perhaps they were fans as well. Even then they agreed to John's request to complete the song they were singing.
This event proved to be their last public performance together.
More Off The Beaten Path in London (58)
More Reviews (229)
- See All Will this work on oxford street ?
- See All Get 7 million pounds for free !
- See All WHAT A BARGAIN !!!
- See All Hampton court 1 : that famous maze.
- See All Who need's illegal drugs ?
- See All A mark of a civilised society
- See All Can we have our Skylon back please ?
- See All Just do as it says on the door.
- See All Fireman Sam Strikes again
- See All Sourbugger's guide to London's...
- See All Another tirade against the wax works...
- Why am I writing this ? I must be sad or...
sourbugger's Related Pages
Have you been to London?Share Your Travels