"Polish pope John Paul II" Tychy Local Custom Tip by matcrazy1
Tychy Local Customs: 27 reviews and 27 photos
They do respect Pope John Paul II a lot in Tychy. There is his picture not only in each church including St. Maria Magdalena church as on my picture (with Kathy, Kodi01 on the bottom) but in private homes as well. Even non-catholic minority of Tychy respect the pope as a human being and real world leader not only catholic pope.
The pope was born in Wadowice and he was a bishop of Krakow before he wa chosen a pope. He never visited Tychy as a pope but nearby Katowice, Oswiecim (Auschwitz), Kalwaria Zebrzydowska, Wadowice and surely Krakow. A lot of citizens of Tychy went to meet him during his visits.
More Local Customs in Tychy (22)
More Reviews (141)
- See All Stone figures of saints
- See All Salads :-)
- See All With party barrel of Tyskie beer :-)
- See All Don't we like flatness?
- See All Old and new Polish cars
- See All Tyskie and Pilsner Urquell beer
- See All Stained-glass windows in Europe
- See All Bungalows at the Paprocanskie Lake
- See All Sports and leisure activities
- See All The European best guitar festival!!
- Do you know this guy?
- Good humour!
matcrazy1's Related Pages
Have you been to Tychy?Share Your Travels