"If you are driving." Top 5 Page for this destination Johor Bahru Warnings Or Dangers Tip by A2002

Johor Bahru Warnings and Dangers: 32 reviews and 9 photos

Driving around JB can be quite nerve wrecking for foreigners not used to the way drivers here drive.

First of all, there seems like there's no such thing as keeping a distance from the car in front. The distance might be too close for many foreigners. I always keep my distance though, but not during traffic jams :-P.

Another "scary" thing is that the motorcyclists just do not value their own life. Many times I meet motorcyclists going very fast (faster than 80km/h) overtaking between two cars, or even a car and a lorry. Sometimes, I get a surprise (where on earth that motorcyclists came from...).

During traffic jams, the motorcyclists will meander among the cars from one lane to the next, in between cars, etc. If your car is near to the car queueing in the next lane, beware of your side mirrors being knocked off by reckless motorcyclists. I even met an "accident" while in the queue of a traffic jam. A motorcyclist with a rider behind knocked off my side mirror. Guess what? The rider even fly in front off his seat!!! Well, that's not my fault anyway cos I am not moving...

It may be nerve wrecking for foreigners... Just be informed.

Review Helpfulness: 4 out of 5 stars

• Written Nov 6, 2003

Comments

A2002

“Suffering can be overcome and happiness attained.”

Have you been to Johor Bahru?