Zhao Tong Tian Ma Huo Tuei Ji Huo Guo Cheng: "Yunnan Must: Herbal Chicken & Ham Steamboat" Top 5 Page for this destination Kunming Restaurant Tip by hooiluangoh
Kunming Restaurants: 100 reviews and 98 photos
This specialises in steamboat.
The soup base is made of yunnan ham and chicken cooked with yunnannese herbs. The major herb is Dian Ma, the root/rhizome of some plant.
Health benefits : good for weak stomach, blood circulation, migrane.
It's typical yunnannese eatery settings. You can choose to sit at a proper table (4 person per table), or half-squat on the real low chairs and dine at the real low table.
The stove is right on the table, and the gas cylinder is under the table.
Not much space to move around. All the furnitures are jam packed together.
Favorite Dish: Sequence of eating the Steamboat :
1) Boil the soup (with ham and chicken and herbs, which are prepared by the kitchen and served in a big pot)
2) Turn fire to small. Drink first the soup
3) Make dip with the various condiments served, and pour a little soup to the dip. The surprise includes fermented tofu (furu) which is very very authentic (well for malaysians at least).
4) Eat the ham and chicken with dip.
5) Add the vege and noodles (you get to order from the menu - in chinese) and start boiling again
6) Eat the vege (and soup)
The soup is a little salty, but the savoury taste is just right to fight off the cold in autumn/winter.
The soup base costs RMB 38. The rest is up to your order. Vege costs between RMB 1 to the RMB 5 for the expensive mushrooms. Two of us went and spent RMB 27 each.
Address: No 59, Nan Ciang Jie
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: Right in the city center. Walk east for a few hundred steps along MacDonald's shopfront.
Diagonally opposite Xiang Yun Mei Shi Cheng south gate.
Phone: (0871) 646 1818
Price: less than US$10
More Restaurants in Kunming (46)
More Reviews (92)
- See All Golden Temple
- See All You shall and You shall not..
- See All Pack VERY light if you are a shopaholic
- See All Double check your bill
- See All The MOST EXPENSIVE shopping venue
hooiluangoh's Related Pages
Have you been to Kunming?Share Your Travels