"Het Steen, The Stone, a mighty castle at the river" Het Steen - National Maritime Museum Tip by Pavlik_NL
Het Steen - National Maritime Museum, Antwerp: 78 reviews and 142 photos
At the banks of the river Schelde, watching over it's tides, the "Steen" (literally "Stone") used to be the master over the river. Passing ships were checked and the largest waterway leading to the Flanders inside, could be defended from here. The castle is still a powerful looking place that hasn't lost it's connection to the harbour and shipping. Now-a-days it houses the Maritime museum.
Address: Steenplein 1, 2000 Antwerpen
Directions: next to the river, 2 minutes walk from the Market Square
Phone: + 32 (0)3-201 93 40
More Things to Do in Antwerp (29)
More Reviews (37)
- See All The restaurant with a great atmosphere
- See All What a little research leads to ...
- See All Museum of Mayer-van den Bergh
- See All affordable place for a good night's rest
- See All Mixing styles without esthetics
Pavlik_NL's Related Pages
Have you been to Antwerp?Share Your Travels