"Go flying from the 'Lesce -..." Slovenia Favorite Tip by hcameron

Slovenia General: 212 reviews and 198 photos

Favorite thing: Go flying from the 'Lesce - Bled' airport which is across the highway from the towns of Radovljica and Lesce. You can't miss it. The flying club is very active and anybody on the field can steer you to the right people. The restaurant on the field is also very good. It is worth a stop just to eat and watch the activity at the airport.

Fondest memory: The beauty of the area is incredible. There was a full moon and I stood outside and looked at the tops of the mountains glowing in the moonlight. Bled is a nice tourist town with a beautiful lake. I suggest staying at the Manca Penzion in Radovljica and then drive the ten minutes to the town of Bled.

I do have a fond memory of Slovenia (other than the flying!). One evening three of us (two Austrians and I) drove just outside of Radovljica. One of the Austrians remembered, from a visit three years prior, a farm guesthouse that had a Boche court in the front yard. Sure enough there were four Slovenes playing Boche when we arrived. I played my first round of Boche. My teammate did not speak any English. We won!. I might add that I didn't score a single point. The gentlemen that were playing were Good. This was an example of how friendly the people are. We walked up and they invited us to play. They even taught us the game. Great fun.

• Written Aug 24, 2002

More General in Slovenia (1)

Comments

hcameron

“Whatever you dare you can do!”

Ranked Member

Have you been to Slovenia?