"Shop Tax Free In Singapore" Singapore Shopping Tip by ahcoln
Singapore Shopping: 287 reviews and 367 photos
A 4% Goods and Services Tax (GST) is levied in Singapore. The minimum purchase amount to qualify for a refund ranges between SGD 300 and SGD 500. Under the Global Refund GST refund scheme, when you spend a minimum of SGD 100 at any single store displaying the "TAX FREE SHOPPING" logo, you will receive a Global Refund Cheque.
To apply for a tax refund under the Global Refund scheme, you must follow the following four simple steps:-
1. Spend a minimum of SGD 300 at a single participating shop or SGD 100 at different participating shops to accumulate a total purchase of SGD 300
2. Present your passport to the retailer to obtain a completed Global Refund Cheque
3. Get the cheques validated by Customs at Changi Airport Terminal 1 or 2 as proof of export. The goods purchased along with the receipts must be presented to the Customs for verification.
4. Claim the GST refunds in cash at the Global Refund counters at the airport. Credit card or bank cheque refunds are also available. A small handling fee will be deducted from the GST amount. More details may be obtained from the Global Refund counters located at both terminals of the Changi Airport.
Brochures on the Global Refund services are available at the airport, selected hotels and shopping centres.
CaseTrust is an accreditation programme, developed by the Consumers Association of Singapore (CASE), which recognises good business practices among store-based and web-based business establishments. Establishments belonging to the CaseTrust programme have been assessed on their business policies, service personnel, communication system, and other criteria prescribed by the CaseTrust Management Committee. Upon satisfying the criteria, members can display the CaseTrust certificate and logo on their premises or website.
More Shopping in Singapore (3)
More Reviews (26)
- See All Cheaper hotels in Orchard
- Remember to bring a pair of sandal /...
- Singapore could be a tourist trap
- Call a cab
- For emergency contact
- See All Tourists Information on the mobile Dial...
ahcoln's Related Pages
Have you been to Singapore?Share Your Travels